Welcome to the City of Port Townsend
Development Services and Planning
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has revised select maps that identify flood hazard zones within Jefferson County, including areas within the City limits of Port Townsend.Details Here
Preliminary FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps for Port Townsend:
Inspection Line: (360)385-2294
250 Madison Street Ste. 3,
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Business Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday
The Development Services Department focuses on reviewing and issuing permits and approvals for new construction and renovation, demolition, land disturbing activities, permitted and conditional land uses and infrastructure construction.
The Planning Department focuses on long-range issues associated with the development and implementation of the City's Comprehensive Plan.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Planning, including Comprehensive Plan, Comp Plan Update and Shoreline Master Plan
- Fee Schedule
- Forms - Building Codes, Commercial Forms, Residential Forms, Other Forms
- Land Use Forms
- Municipal Code, including Land Use, Buildings & Construction, etc.
- Permit Portal Temporarily Unavailable
- Public Works Forms
- Zoning Code
- Zoning Map