Welcome to the City of Port Townsend
Police Volunteer Program
WE ARE SEEKING CANDIDATES FOR A SELECT TEAM OF POLICE VOLUNTEERS
Members of this team will work to assist officers and supplement police services in tasks ranging from office help to citizen patrols and emergency/disaster preparation. Volunteers will receive extensive training prior to working, and all candidates will be carefully screened prior to acceptance. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in your community and gain valuable job experience. Prospective candidates must:
- BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD
- HAVE CURRENT DRIVERS LICENSE OR STATE I.D.
- COMPLETE A WRITTEN APPLICATION
- UNDERGO AN ORAL BOARD INTERVIEW
- PASS A THOROUGH BACKGROUND CHECK
- BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO 4 HOURS PER WEEK
- Successful Completion of the Port Townsend Police Department Citizen Academy
For more information, call or email email@example.com at 385-2322, or stop by the police department for an application. The front office is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.