Welcome to the City of Port Townsend
City of Port Townsend Comprehensive Plan 2016 - 2036
(GMA Periodic Update)
SEPA Comment/Appeal Period Expired 4:00 PM, June 8, 2016
Background and Resources
Where are we in the Update Process?
Status Update January 2017
We are pleased to report the City has accomplished 2 of the 3 milestones for the GMA Update! On October 3, 2016, Council adopted Ordinance 3154, "Relating to Comprehensive Planning; Adopting the 2016 GMA Periodic Update to the Comprehensive Plan; Amending the Comprehensive Plan; and Amending Titles 17 and 18 of the Port Townsend Municipal Code in Connection Therewith."
These amendments became effective on October 17, 2016.
- ☑ Comprehensive Plan
- ☑ Development Regulations (e.g., zoning and land division)
- ☐ Critical areas ordinance (CAO) - Amendments to the CAO will be processed in 2017
How can I get involved with the Critical Areas Update?
Public involvement is vital and we hope that you will share your input by providing comments, attending meetings, workshops, and learning more about the update http://cityofpt.us/calendar/events.asp?action=week&calendar=1.
Amendments will be continually refined as we progress through the adoption process. For the most recent draft and meeting schedules please use the link Meetings: Agendas, Minutes, Videos and eComment at the top of the page.
To provide input:
- Attend the public hearings before Planning Commission/Council and offer verbal testimony
- Use eComment on the City’s website: http://cityofpt.us/video.html
- Submit written comments to the City Clerk at 250 Madison Street, Suite 2, Port Townsend, WA 98368. Please include “CAO Update” in the Subject Line.
Staff Contact: Judy Surber
Senior Planner/Planning Manager
City of Port Townsend